5 Connections to the Real World
- The Mississippi River is the biggest river the United States. It is also the most
polluted one. Agriculture and household chemicals are dumped into the river. the
effect of these chemicals is that the Mississippi River runs into the Gulf of
Mexico. Therefore all of the pollution that is in the river is going into the
- The Pamlico-Tar River is a river in North Carolina. It has a lot of stormwater
runoff. The effect is that this river runs off into the Pamlico sound so this
water pollution is going to go into the ocean.
- The Matanza-Riachuelo river in Argentina is one of the most polluted rivers of all.
People just throw trash into the water and get the water polluted. The effect of
this happening is that all of the peoples is contaminated.
- The Citarum River in Indonesia has become terribly polluted from household and
industrial waste just being dumped into the river. This water threatens everyone
that comes in contact with it. If you saw a picture of this river, it would
- The Buriganga River in Bangladesh suffers from water pollution because of chemical
waste, home waste, mill waste, etc. The nearly four million people that live in
that place are exposed to it every day.